Updated: October 12, 2017.
Thanks for using Cribber.
This policy describes how Cribber treats your information, not how other organizations treat your information. If you are using Cribber in a workplace or on a device or account issued to you by your employer or another organization, that company or organization likely has its own policies regarding storage, access, modification, deletion, and retention of communications and content which may apply to your use of Cribber. Please check with your employer or administrator about the policies it has in place regarding your communications and related content on Cribber.
In this policy we talk about various roles within a Cribber account and the privileges that come with each. It’s helpful to understand these roles and the relationships between them. Here’s the breakdown: primary owner > owner > administrator > user. Primary owners have the most control over their owner account settings on Cribber, followed by owners and then administrators. The person who establishes the Cribber owner account is considered the primary owner with the most control over the account (which is why it’s not a good idea for this person to be a contractor or temp employee). Users have control over their user account, but no control over any associated owner accounts.
Information we collect and receive
We collect different types of information some of which is personally identifiable and others is not. Below are the types of information we collect or receive:
- Owner account information. When you create an owner account on Cribber via the website we collect your email address, company name, and password. You can also add optional information, such as country and time zone. When you create teams, we collect the team name and logo (optional). When you add users to teams we collect their name, organization, and mobile number.
- User account information. When you create a user account on Cribber via one of our mobile applications, we collect your mobile number. We use your mobile number to send you invites to teams on behalf of owner accounts. If you wish to be invited to a team, you would need to provide your mobile number to the team owner or administrator for them to invite you.
- Billing information. We collect billing contact and credit card information when you provide this when starting a trial. Credit card information is securely passed to our payment processing partner and is not stored by Cribber.
- Location Information.
- Depending on your app settings or device permissions, we may collect your precise or approximate location information as determined through data such as GPS, IP address and WiFi.
- If you are a user we may collect location information when the Cribber app is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on screen) of your device if this collection is enabled through your app settings or device permissions.
- Users may use the Cribber app without enabling us to collect their location information. However, this may affect the functionality available on you. For example, if you do not enable us to collect your location information, you will not receive location specific bulletins that may be applicable to you.
- Log data. When you use Cribber, our servers automatically record information including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web page you visited before coming to Cribber, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, app features or pages viewed, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, and cookie data.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using Cribber on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings.
- Communication content. This includes bulletins and messages, including the messages themselves and attachments. Who the recipients were and which communication options were selected. We also collect when bulletins and messages were sent and when they are viewed, attachments are opened and bulletins acknowledged for each recipient.
- Information from partners or other 3rd parties. Cribber may receive information from partners or others that we could use to make our own information better or more useful. This might be aggregate level information about which IP addresses go with which zip or postal codes or it might be more specific information about how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
Cribber sets and accesses our own cookies on our company-owned domains. In addition, we use 3rd parties like Google Analytics for website analytics. You may opt-out of third party cookies from Google Analytics on their website.
How we use your information
We use your information for the following:
- Providing the Cribber service. We use information you provide to authenticate you and deliver message content to you and from you.
- Providing account analytics. We share users’ Cribber usage information with team owners and administrators for communication improvement and analytics.
- Understanding and improving our products. To make the product better we have to understand how users are using it. We have a fair bit of data about usage and we intend to use it many different ways to improve our products, including research. This policy is not intended to place any limits on what we do with usage data that is aggregated or de-identified so it is no longer tied to a Cribber user.
- Investigating and preventing bad stuff from happening. We work hard to keep Cribber secure and to prevent abuse and fraud.
- Communicating with you.
- Solving your problems and responding to your requests. If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond to that request and address your problems or concerns.
- Understanding and improving our products. We may use the information you provide to contact you through Cribber using the Cribber bulletins or other in-product messaging tools.
- Understanding and improving our products. We may send you service, billing and administrative emails, such as when we notice that you are nearing a trial expiration or to send you an invoice. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our services, or our service offerings. These messages are considered part of the service and you may not opt-out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails to Cribber users about new product features or other news about Cribber. You can opt-out of these at any time.
When you use Cribber you have the following rights with regard to your information:
- Owner accounts.
- As an owner account owner you can modify your account information via the account section of the website.
- You can delete bulletins, which removes the bulletin content and attachments from the bulletin feed of recipient users.
- You can close teams, which will close the user profiles associated with that team and remove all bulletins associated with that team from the users’ bulletin feed.
- You can delete your account and all your personal information will be deleted. All teams associated with your account will be closed.
- You can request for your account content to be deleted. If requested your account content will be deleted within 7 days.
- We keep your company, team and user profile information, but will never use or disclose this information except in non-identifiable and aggregated form for statistical purposes.
- User account information.
- As a user account owner you can delete your account by emailing us at email@example.com. If requested, we will delete your account including your personal information within 7 days.
- Deleting your account does not delete user profile information created by owner account owners and administrators when they invite you to their teams.
Sharing and Disclosure
There are times when communications and related content and other user information may be shared by Cribber. This section discusses only how Cribber may share user information. Organizations that use Cribber may have their own policies for sharing and disclosure of information they can access through Cribber. Cribber may share information:
- With consent, to comply with legal process, or to protect Cribber and our users. When we have your consent or if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Cribber; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues. If we receive a legal or law enforcement request for information we will do our best to notify the subject of the request if we are able.
- About you with your organization or team administrator(s). We may share your owner account company name and email address with your organization. If the email address under which you’ve registered your account belongs to or is controlled by an organization we may disclose that email address and associated team names to that organization in order to help it understand who associated with that organization uses Cribber, and to assist the organization with its enterprise accounts. Please do not use a work email address for our services unless you are authorized to do so, and are therefore comfortable with this kind of sharing.
- That is aggregated and non-identifiable. We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners or others for business or research purposes. For example, we may tell a prospective Cribber customer the average number of bulletins sent within a team in a day or may partner with research firm or academics to explore interesting questions about worksite communications. Again, this policy is not intended to prohibit the disclosure and use of aggregated or de-identified data.
Cribber takes reasonable steps to protect information you provide to us as part of your use of the Cribber service from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. When you enter sensitive information (such as sign-in credentials) we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no electronic or email transmission or digital storage mechanism is ever fully secure or error free.
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use Cribber after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy.
If you have other queries or would like to say hi, we are available at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at 7 Southport St, West Leederville, WA 6007, Australia.